Blogs By month
Why Algoma University?
Located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada, Algoma University offers a unique, one-of-a-kind undergraduate education. Algoma prides itself on providing students with the best learning environment, which they call the Algoma Advantage. With small class sizes, one-on-one interactions with dedicated faculty, endless support services, and great research opportunities there are plenty of chances to get involved inside and outside of the classroom. Algoma’s campuses are also some of the most diverse in Canada. Over 27% of their student body comes from outside of Canada from over 30 different countries around the globe. Algoma embraces and fosters diversity, appreciating each person’s uniqueness and differences. The school has a multi-faith prayer rooms allowing students to continue to practice and exercise their beliefs in a safe and welcoming environment. They also hold cultural events year round allowing students to share their culture and traditions with their peers.
What Algoma University Has to Offer
Post Graduation, Work Permit, Co Op/Internship Participation, Work While Studying, Conditional Offer Letter, Accommodations Available
*Information listed is subject to change without notice and should not be construed as a commitment by Hfe Immigration Pvt Ltd.
Algoma University provides a unique, one-of-a-kind undergraduate education. With 1,400 students, Algoma is the smallest university in Ontario and the only post-secondary institution in the province strictly for undergraduate students. Algoma offers over 30 different academic programs, spanning the liberal arts, sciences, and professional disciplines. All of the programs include undergraduate research opportunities and hands-on learning. Classes have a maximum of 75 students, even in first year. This means that students have more one-on-one interactions with knowledgeable and caring faculty. Algoma prides itself on providing students with the best learning environment. They call this the Algoma Advantage: small class sizes, one-on-one interactions with dedicated faculty, endless support services, great research opportunities, and plenty of chances to get involved inside and outside of the classroom.
30 Academic Programs to Choose From at Algoma University
1. Bachelor of Business Administration
2. Bachelor of Computer Science (3 years)
3. Bachelor of Science in Biology (3 year)
4. Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
5. Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management
● Post Graduate Certificate – Information Technology
● Post Graduate Certificate – Mobile Software Development
● Post Graduate Certificate – Business
● Post Graduate Certificate – Human Resources Management
● Honours Bachelor of Science – Computer Science (Optional Co-op)
● Bachelor of Science – Computer Science – Accelerated
● Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Optional Co-op)
● Bachelor of Arts – Accounting (Optional Co-op)
● Honours Bachelor of Arts – Law and Justice
● Honours Bachelor of Fine Arts
● Bachelor of Arts – English
● Honours Bachelor of Science – Psychology
● Honours Bachelor of Social Work
● Bachelor of Arts – Sociology
Language Proficiency Requirements
IELTS: Minimum 6.0 Overall
Reading: 6.0 Minimum
Writing: 6.0 Minimum
Listening: 6.0 Minimum
Speaking: 6.0 Minimum
International Entrance Scholarships
91-100 (A+): $5,000
81-90 (A): $2,500
71-80 (B+): $1,000
61-70 (B): $500
*Disclaimer: Tuition fees, living costs, scholarships, and language requirements are subject to change and may vary by program.