Canada Express Entry Program
Express Entry is the selection system for Canada immigration. It’s completely an electronic process that is designed specifically for selecting skilled candidates for Canada immigration. The process involves Provincial, Federal governments, and Canadian employers. The express entry process is unique and has brought a big transformation in the way Canada chooses skilled immigrants for immigration to Canada.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has started the Express Entry System effectively from 1st January 2015 which allows the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to attract eligible candidates to process for Canada permanent residency.
The eligible candidates may submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). For EOI, they need to create an online Express Entry profile and enter into the Express Entry Pool, where they are given a score towards the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Candidates are assigned a score out of 1,200 under the CRS. This score is used to rank the federal economic candidates for immigration to Canada. Candidates can improve their rankings and can increase their chances of receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
IRCC performs draw around twice or thrice per month from this pool of Candidates. The top-ranked candidate will receive an ITA accordingly.
CRS is not a selection criterion but it’s a ranking system for candidates who are eligible under the three primary immigration programs of Canada, “the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, and Canadian Experience Class”.
Check your eligibility for Express Entry? Check whether your qualifications meet the eligibility criteria for the Express Entry System through our Canada Immigration Eligibility Checker.
Salient Features Of Canada Express Entry Program
The key features of the unique Express Entry System:
- The candidates who will be selected under the Canada Express Entry System will be granted the status of Canada permanent residency.
- The Express Entry Program includes the following Schemes:
- FSW – Federal Skilled Worker, FSTC – Federal Skilled Trade Class, CEC – Canadian Experience Class, and all of the former Federal Skills Migration Initiatives.
- Some of the provincial nomination schemes.
- The system allows the candidates to create an online free of charge profile that can be retained for a period of 1 year. Candidates can relaunched after 1 year, subjected to validity of documents like IELTS.
- Before online profile creation, the candidates must go through a preliminary process. They must get their educational accomplishments assessed from a Canadian designated evaluation body like WES and must write a language test (approved) to ensure their linguistic skills in either French or English.
- The profiles of the candidates are then measured for eligibility by CRS. CRS assess the candidates on the basis of several pre-determined criteria like:
- Language Skills
- Educational Qualifications
- Professional Exposure, and
- Other important profile traits that can be the evidence of new entrants in settling down in the Canadian environment.
- After profile check, CRS ranks the candidates on the basis of their profiles.
- Candidates can score additional marks through the two conditions below:
- Earning a sponsorship from a wiling Canadian State called a provincial nomination; or
- Full-time work experience from a Canadian employer.
- Canada conducts draws for selection at regular intervals to select eligible candidates with highest scores, or with a provincial nomination, or with a permanent employment offer from a Canadian employer.
- Selected candidates will get 60 days of time to submit their application. Failing to do within this time period will cancel their invitation.
Contact us for a free assessment, eligibility for submission of your profile, follow-ups, and for the next set of actions for Canada Immigration.