Blogs By month
Why Laurentian University?
Laurentian University offers more than 175 degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and flexible degree options. Programs in architecture, forensic science, sports administration, midwifery, human kinetics, Indigenous studies and many others provide unique learning experiences and diverse career opportunities for graduates. International students represent 6.5% of the student population and originate from 62 different countries. Small class sizes comprised of an average ratio of 18 students per professor ensure students are treated as individual and supported. Approachable, accessible faculty, and crucial support programs ensure each student is on the road to academic success. Laurentian holds one of the highest post-graduation employment rate in the province with 92% of graduating students getting meaningful work within six months of completion. Graduates also enjoy the second highest income amidst all university graduates in the province.
What Laurentian University Has to Offer
Post Graduation, Work Permit, Co Op/Internship Participation, Work While Studying, Conditional Offer Letter, Accommodations Available
*Information listed is subject to change without notice and should not be construed as a commitment by Hfe Immigration Pvt Ltd.
Laurentian University provides students with a true Canadian experience from the heart of Sudbury, Ontario. It has grown into an international leader in niches such as stressed watershed systems, rural and northern children’s health, particle astrophysics, as well as mining, engineering, and environmental remediation. Laurentian offers more than 175 undergraduate and graduate programs, and as it is a bilingual institution, 800 course sections are offered in French. Located on a 765-acre campus, the university is surrounded by five lakes, a boreal forest and nature trails. Laurentian’s main campus, an eight-minute drive from downtown, is attractive and welcoming. It’s near a beach that students visit in summer, and outdoor rinks, where they knock around pucks in winter. Laurentian University is a true microcosm of the country’s spirit: open, welcoming, multicultural, strong, northern, and proud.
190 Academic Programs to Choose From at Laurentian University Available on
● Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting (French)
● Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance (French)
● Bachelor in Physical Education and Health – Health Promotion (French)
● Bachelor of Midwifery Profession (French)
● Bachelor of Arts – Law and Justice (French)
● Bachelor of Arts – Journalistic Studies (French)
● Bachelor of Arts – History(French)
● Bachelor of Arts – Mathematics
● Bachelor of Arts – Economics (French)
● Bachelor of Arts – Sociology (French)
● Graduate Diploma – Science Communication
● Master of Architecture – Architecture (Co-Op)
● Master of Arts – Humanities
● Master of Arts – Applied Psychology
Top Undergraduate Programs
1. Bachelor of Computer Science
2. Bachelor of Business Administration
3. Bachelor of Engineering-Mechanical
4. Bachelor of Science-Nursing
5. Bachelor of Architecture Studies
Language Proficiency Requirements
IELTS: Minimum 6.5 Overall
Reading: 6.0 Minimum
Writing: 6.0 Minimum
Listening: 6.0 Minimum
Speaking: 6.0 Minimum
**Above scores are for direct entry
Academic Excellence Scholarships
$40,000 – $60,000 Students must keep a 80 – 100% average to be eligible. A portion of the scholarship is available in first year and renewable in subsequent years provided average is maintained.
*Disclaimer: Tuition fees, living costs, scholarships, and language requirements are subject to change and may vary by program.