Australia Training Visa Subclass 407
The Training Visa Subclass 407 is a short-stay visa available for people for professional development or occupational training in Australia.
This visa has two eligibility pathways, Occupational Trainees, and Professional Development.
All the applicants must show that they:
- Have turned to 18 (or can demonstrate exceptional circumstances).
- Have the functional English language ability.
- Hold a private health insurance.
- Must have sufficient funds for their support in Australia.
- Must meet the requirements of health and character.
- Must show that they genuinely want to stay temporarily in Australia.
This visa option requires a sponsorship by an approved Temporary Activities Sponsor.
This requires a nomination by the sponsor to do one among the following activities in Australia:
- Training in a gazetted occupation – you must have the work experience for full-time in the occupation for a minimum of 1 to 2 years.
- Training required for registration, license/membership to work in home country/Australia.
- Up to six months of practical experience, observation, or research required to obtain an overseas qualification.
This option generally requires a minimum of 70% of the training to be on-job vs. classroom training.
This option requires an overseas working in a management/professional position. Training should be the classroom training and needs the skills to be relevant to your position.
Place Of Visa Application
You can be either in Australia or outside of Australia while lodging the visa application and it must be done online.
You can include your family members (spouses and children) in your visa application.
Duration And Conditions
Training Visa Subclass 407 is valid till 2 years. This is subjected to condition 8102 that refuse work apart from the training specified in the application.
You must maintain your health insurance while in Australia.