USA H1-B Visa
The US H1B Visa is a non-immigration visa that allows US companies to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise in specialized fields. Under the visa a US company can employ a foreign worker for up to six years.
The US H1-B Visa is designed to be used for staff in specialty occupations. The job must meet one of the following criteria to qualify as a specialty occupation:
- 1.Have a minimum entry requirement of a Bachelor’s or higher degree or its equivalent.
- 2.The degree requirement for the job is common to the industry or the job is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree.
- 3.The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position.
- 4.The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
For You To Qualify To Accept A Job Offer In A Specialty Occupation You Must Meet One Of The Following Criteria:
- Have completed a US bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specific specialty occupation from an accredited college or university.
- 2.Hold a foreign degree that is the equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation.
- 3.Hold an unrestricted state license, registration, or certification which authorizes you to fully practice the specialty occupation and be engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment.
- 4.Have education, training, or experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree, and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty.
The H-1B Visa is initially granted for up to three years, but may then be extended to a maximum of six years.
Family & Dependents
H-1B Visa holders can bring their spouse and children under 21 years of age to the US under the H4 Visa category as dependents.